Friday, September 27, 2013

The Boss and The Leader


In our world today, there are 2 people that may lead our life, that would be the boss and the other, the leader. What exactly is the difference between both?

I have done some little research (thanks to Google) and this is what I found out. (http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-leader-and-boss)
Leader
Boss
Inspires employees
Drives employees
Depends on respect and honor
Depends on authority
Cares for your well-being
Cares for your productivity level
Says ‘We’
Says ‘I’
Inspires enthusiasm
Inspires fear
Gives credit
Takes credit
Says ‘Let’s go’
Says ‘Go’
Asks
Orders
Knows how it is done
Shows how it is done

There are other articles that says the same thing but on my personal note, a leader/boss should know how to TRUST his/her people. This is where the big difference is, TRUST, I have learned that the more you trust, the more you get trusted back. You show them respect, they give you back respect.

This is after all the Golden rule. 

Matthew 7:12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Hey, if I follow the Bible, how could I go wrong? Pretty simple, how you treat others, the same you will be treated. It is our choice!

Before I end, on 2nd note, 1 important thing that a leader or a boss should not forget, RELATIONSHIPS! I have learned so much about this, having a good relationship with anyone can make you reach heights that you or your team have never reached before.

It is in relationships that could make or break anyone! How do you see yourself? Are you a boss or are you a leader? Me? I want to become a good leader and that journey begins!

"God is more interested in your future and your relationships than you are."
-Billy Graham 

God bless you!

0 comments: