Saturday, October 5, 2013

Your words are powerful!


Did you know that our words truly have powers? I am not talking about powers that we see on TV like power to fly, power of fire etc. The power of our words could either create or break us.

We should be careful in our words because our words are like weapons if used badly, on the other hand, our words could be like water that showers the plant to grow.

In  Proverbs 16:24, it says "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body."

Our words can add sweetness to the soul and health to the body. When was the last time you praised someone? When was the last time you tapped someone at the back and say "Good job!"? I encourage you, compliments someone today, you may not know but your words may actually bring wellness to the person.

On the other hand, our words could be very dangerous.

Proverbs 12:18 says "There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

When was the last time you got angry? When was the last time you were not able to control yourself? I know it's difficult to contain ourselves but when anger does come, I have fallen to this many times and still counting but here is what I do if I turn angry, I count up to 10 then I speak again, if I am still angry after 10, count to another 10 until the anger subsides.

When we are angry, there are words that would come out our mouth that may hurt others. As Proverbs 15:1 says "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Friends, let us use our words to help others, not to put them down. Hey, I know it's difficult but practice makes it perfect!

God bless you!

Have a wonderful journey!

Picture is not mine, it is from http://www.flickr.com/photos/feuilllu/739173692/.

0 comments: