Friday, July 12, 2013

Out of the Blue # 2: Billiards!


On my 1st Out of the Blue post, I talked about my favorite console, now let me talk about my favorite sport, billiards!

I've been playing billiards since I was grade 6! I'm now working and I still play this sport. Though I can't finish the ball still at 1 setting, I need more practice.

What inspired me to play billiards? One name, Efren Bata Reyes, this guys is an icon, a legend, his name is synonyms to billiards!

Ronnie Alcano, another professional pool player loves Efren so much that he tried to copy him, in what way? Well, he just let the dentist pull all his teeth out. As much as I idolize Efren, I'm not going that far. lol

As any pool player, we just got to have our own weapon of choice, that is the cue stick.

My cue stick is locally made by Steve Urate, a beautiful plane jane, Ebony (kamagong) forearm and butt and a cocobolo handle, 20oz, ivorine ferrule and phenolic butt cap and joint and to add, a radial pin.

Steve Urate's creation is beautiful and also very affordable, you can get a customized cue for 3000 PHP.

The tip that I'm using is an elk master but I'm soon going to switch to a laminated tip, could be Tiger Emerald or Tiger Everest, really depends.

What I love about billiards is that it makes you think, the preparation, how to come up with a good defense, how to shoot the next ball and all those stuff, it is so strategical.

I truly wish I could put my play to another level like in a tournament. Hopefully, soon.

Cheers!

Picture is not mine. All credit goes to zakzak008 from http://zakzak008.deviantart.com/art/Billiards-2-292137880.

0 comments: